Surveying, Planning & Drafting Services
Survey Services: What we can do for you…
In the below section you will find a list of some types of Survey services that Baird & Hayes provide as well as a link to approximate fees (click here).
If you don’t recognise the names of any of these types of services please click here to be directed to the Contact Us page where you can be put in touch with one of our friendly team members. You can also find more information about survey and planning services and fees in the Frequently Asked Questions (click here).
- Identification Surveys,
- Boundary definition and remarking,
- Subdivision/Reconfiguration of a lot,
- Building project set out, control and As Constructed survey,
- Deformation Surveys: for Minor and Major Infrastructure (e.g., bridges, tunnels, dams, buildings, walls, etc.)
- Structural Monitoring: for short or long term,
- All forms of tenure for the Department of Natural Resources and Titles Office,
- Easement documentation and surveys for secondary interests in a title including profit à prendre, easements etc.,
- Lease surveys for shops, industry, etc.,
- Licenses for use,
- Land development consultation,
- Estimates of probable development costs.
This type of service is becoming more and more complex particularly in response to the requirements from Local Government, State Government and Utilities Services Providers (mostly sewer, water and stormwater infrastructure).
- ADAC – Asset Design As-Constructed is the current standard for the location and certification of all new Services for Queensland Urban Utilities, Unity Water and several Major Councils. Each Authority has its own specific ADAC requirements to ensure compatibility with GIS and BIM Asset Management Systems, and compliance for your development. Baird and Hayes maintain licenced, ADAC accredited software that produces compliant XML files catered to each authority’s specification. Using MGA (Map Grid of Australia) and AHD (Australian Height Datum), our experienced staff will ensure that the spatial information is Level A Quality ready for your project engineer to add the SEQ codes for materials and structure details. Our Registered Cadastral Surveyors can then check, certify and sign the necessary Engineering Plans ready for the relevant Authority.
Planning Services: More complexity, more challenges…
Below is a list of some types of Urban and Regional Planning services that Baird & Hayes provide as well as a link to approximate fees. To ensure our clients’ projects are represented in the best possible manner, we provide planning capacity that thoroughly addresses the likely issues embedded in the Planning Scheme. At Baird & Hayes we believe that all property owners have the right to be accurately informed as to the potential uses of their land. We will always do just this by providing cost effective advice to maintain or enhance the value of your property.
The full costs of Planning depend on the particular type of project to be completed and often vary depending on a range of factors. These can be discussed with you in more detail when you make your enquiry.
If you don’t recognise the names of any of these types of services please visit our Contact Us page where you can be put in touch with one of our friendly team members. You can also find more information about survey and planning services and fees in the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Development Applications for Preliminary Approvals and Development Approvals,
- Pre-lodgement Development Advice,
- Site analysis and concept planning,
- State Legislation review and guidance,
- Code compliance assessment,
- Review of sub-consultant reports or plans (engineers, architects, traffic planners, etc.),
- Negotiations with State and Local Government Assessment Managers:
E.g. Vegetation Mapping, Environmentally Relevant Activities, Environmental Protection and Biodiversity,
- Information Request Responses,
- Compliance advice and,
- Show cause and enforcement action notices.
A sample of Land Uses we have worked on:
- Dual Occupancy,
- Multi-unit accommodation,
- Reconfiguration of Land (Subdivision),
- Industrial applications – general and special industry, including ERA applications,
- Quarries and concrete batching plants,
- Commercial and business uses,
- Industrial developments,
- Community uses such as child care centres, schools, hospitals, veterinary services,
- Workers accommodation,
- Home-based business applications.
- Proposal Plans – This type of plan is usually for smaller projects such as minor subdivisions of land, easements and the like. Following a measure-up Survey of your property (for existing services, structures, vegetation, etc.), Baird & Hayes will prepare your Proposal Plan ready for submission to Council. The Plan will be checked by our Surveyors, reviewed by our Planners and revised by you before final issue to Council.
- Site Development Plans – Site Development Plans are for the large scale type developments. They are required to demonstrate to Council your entire concept for development, covering all aspects of your Commercial, Industrial and Multi-Residential project. This type of plan will combine survey data and critical engineering information with building designs and elevations in order to address Building Codes and Planning Benchmarks.